Two patients, including rape convict, died in the fire

Cigarette suspected to have caused hospital blaze

A cigarette is suspected to have caused a fire at a Limpopo hospital which led to the death of two patients yesterday morning.

According to health department officials, who wished to remain anonymous because they are not authorised to speak with the media, one of the surviving patients allegedly was smoking a cigarette in the Covid-19 ward...

This article is free to read if you register or sign in.

If you have already registered or subscribed, please sign in to continue.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@sowetanlive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00.

Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.

Speech Bubbles

Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

X