SA Tourism CEO suspended following anonymous tip-off
SA Tourism CEO Sisa Ntshona has been placed on "precautionary suspension" after the organisation received a tip-off on its anonymous reporting line.
Although details of the allegations were not provided, the SA Tourism board said in a statement on Tuesday that it was "obligated to thoroughly investigate these allegations, in the best interest of all parties concerned".
It said that in order to conduct a free and fair investigation, "the board has decided to place the CEO on precautionary suspension".
This would allow the CEO to focus on responding to the allegations as well as guarantee the integrity and transparency of the process to be followed, the board said in the statement.
It added that Sthembiso Dlamini had been appointed acting CEO.
"No further comment will be made until this matter has been finalised," the board said. - TimesLive
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.