Air your views on ANC pests policy
South Africans have until Friday to make inputs to the ANC's sexual harassment policy following allegations that a senior party official made advances at an employee.
A grievance panel that was appointed to looking into claims made against ANC national spokesperson Pule Mabe, who was accused of at least three instances of sexual harassment by his former personal assistant, Kgoerano Kekana, recommended that the policy be drafted.
Last December, Kekana wrote a letter to deputy secretary-general Jessie Duarte, alleging the ANC spokesman had victimised her after she rebuffed his sexual advances.
Mabe was cleared last month after the panel found no evidence against him.
ANC head of presidency Zizi Kodwa has also been accused by a woman of raping her at a private function last year. He has denied this.
"The ANC has embarked on a process to finalise and implement a sexual harassment policy for all its employees across the country. The development of this policy is a consequence of an internal process where an employee laid a grievance of sexual harassment against her supervisor," said the ANC.
"Consequently, we invite members of the public to comment on the ANC's draft sexual harassment policy. Comments should be submitted no later than 15 March 2019," the party said yesterday.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.