×

We've got news for you.

Register on SowetanLIVE at no cost to receive newsletters, read exclusive articles & more.
Register now

Man electrocuted while replacing geyser in Pretoria

A 22-year old man was electrocuted in Pretoria on Tuesday.
A 22-year old man was electrocuted in Pretoria on Tuesday.
Image: Rancz Andrei /123RF

A 22-year-old man was electrocuted while replacing a geyser at a home in Pretoria on Tuesday.

Netcare911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst said the incident had happened at around 1:45pm at Mooikloof. Herbst said emergency workers managed to gain access to the man via the roof.

"The patient was assessed and found to have no signs of life. He was declared deceased on the scene‚" he said.

Fire and rescue services removed his body from the ceiling.

Would you like to comment on this article? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.

Speech Bubbles

Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

Commenting is subject to our house rules.