“We cannot allow [Springbok coach] Rassie [Erasmus] to make irrational decisions to advance old white interest. We accept that he is the coach and must be allowed to follow his game plan‚ but clear irrational decisions‚ that benefit white players ahead of form black players‚ have to be examined.”
Cosatu has demanded that government investigates SARU and SuperSport.
Other claims‚ concerns and allegations in the statement were:
• Different commentators get different salaries and payments‚ which hints at “subtle racism”;
• Erasmus sets up players to fail by selecting them for matches that do not suit their strengths. They mentioned fly-half Elton Jantjies‚ who struggled in the wet conditions on Saturday on Newlands in the third test against England;
• The team is not selected on form;
• Old players such as Schalk Brits‚ 37‚ are brought into the with “no sound logic for the Rugby World Cup”; and
• Captain Siya Kolisi is substituted “for no good reason‚ when he is doing well”.