×

We've got news for you.

Register on SowetanLIVE at no cost to receive newsletters, read exclusive articles & more.
Register now

False kidnap case back in court

A woman accused of falsely claiming her baby was kidnapped is expected to appear in the Kempton Park Magistrate's Court on Friday.

Busi Nkosi, 42, was out on bail of R3000.

She was charged with perjury and defeating the ends of justice.

On October 7, Nkosi reported her baby boy had been kidnapped in a robbery in Kempton Park, police said at the time.

It was initially reported that three men and two women broke into a house in Kempton Park West on the night of October 7, tied up Nkosi and her 16-year-old daughter, and drugged them.

Police said the robbers were reported to have taken the baby, its clothes and Nkosi's cellphone.

The father arrived home after 10pm and untied his wife and daughter. Police found no signs of forced entry.

Police managed to trace the child and found him with his mother in Witbank, Mpumalanga.

Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.

Speech Bubbles

Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.