Sifiso Zulu to know fate on August 26

PRINCE Sifiso Zulu left the Durban magistrate's court yesterday.

This after the postponement of his sentencing for culpable homicide for the death of two people in a car crash involving his vehicle.

Zulu's confidence was in direct contrast to the mother of Sidumisile Mncube who was killed in the March 2008 crash involving Zulu's BMW. Hlengiwe Dlamini also died in the crash.

Nonhlanhla Mncube cried inconsolably after the magistrate, Thomas Nhleko, adjourned Zulu's sentencing to August 26.

The alleged culprit responsible for the postponement was a clerk of the court who, according to Zulu's lawyer, Lonwabo Dandala, failed to submit a request for a pre-sentencing report.

"The procedure is clear. The clerk of the court should have taken the form to be completed," Dandala said.

Thami Ngema, the driver of the Mitsubishi double cab bakkie belonging to the Soul's Harbour Ministries Church, tried in vain to console Mncube, who kept on mumbling: "I am not happy."

Dudu Ngema, who escaped with her life from the crash in which Zulu jumped a red traffic light, now walks with the aid of a walking frame.

Ngema said she has been on leave from work since last August.

"In January I began experiencing pain. I found out that I had a severe spinal injury," she said.

Sidumisile Mncube's uncle, Zakaria Mncube, stormed out of the packed court saying he was "disgusted with this rubbish".

"This postponement was done purposely," he said.

"The people involved in not handing in the report on time knew what they were doing. There is a hidden agenda here."

Zulu's charges included culpable homicide, reckless driving, failing to stop to perform the duties of a driver after an accident and failing to render assistance to the injured.

Magistrate Nhleko told Zulu his bail was extended to the August date.

Zulu walked off without saying a word or responding to questions.

But Zulu's troubles are far from over. Last month he filed an opposing affidavit against Ithala Development Finance Corporation's application to have his estate sequestrated.

The bank wants the R5million it lent Zulu and his former business partner, Ugaraja Pakkiri, in 2003.

It was supposed to have been repaid over 72 months.