All but one freed in probe into burning of buses

ONLY one of four people charged with the burning of 17 Buscor buses in Mpumalanga on Tuesday last week has been remanded in custody.

ONLY one of four people charged with the burning of 17 Buscor buses in Mpumalanga on Tuesday last week has been remanded in custody.

The other three had their cases provisionally withdrawn yesterday.

Thulani Ndlovu, 37, was not asked to plead when he appeared in the KaNyamazane periodical court.

He was remanded in custody pending his next appearance tomorrow, when the court will set a date for a formal bail application.

Mpumalanga police spokesperson Captain Leonard Hlathi said the charges against the other three suspects were provisionally withdrawn to allow further police investigations against them.

"Further investigations will determine whether or not the three will have to face prosecution.

"But for now the court has provisionally withdrawn their charges," Hlathi said yesterday.

He said police initially took 10 people in for questioning but six people were released after it was established that they were not directly linked to the arson.

The buses were parked at a bus depot in Daantjie near KaNyamazane when they were burnt by an unknown arsonist/s in the early hours of last Tuesday.

X