Baby theft bail bid postponed

The bail application by a 35-year-old woman accused of stealing a new-born baby from a hospital was postponed by the Krugersdorp magistrate's court yesterday, Johannesburg police said.

The bail application by a 35-year-old woman accused of stealing a new-born baby from a hospital was postponed by the Krugersdorp magistrate's court yesterday, Johannesburg police said.

Captain Jacob Raboroko said the bail hearing was postponed to September 30.

The woman, whose identity was not released, is accused of stealing a new-born baby boy from Dr Yusuf Dadoo Hospital in Krugersdorp, west of Johannesburg, earlier this month.

The woman was arrested last week Saturday at her Northcliff flat in northern Johannesburg where the baby was found.

Raboroko said the boywas placed in an incubator after he was born. On the day of the crime, his 18-year-old mother fed the baby and when she went to check on him later, he was missing. - Sapa

X