SA Tattoo is back to buzz

THE South African Tattoo played to packed houses during its inaugural run at Montecasino last year, with the South African National Defence Force being an official participant.

THE South African Tattoo played to packed houses during its inaugural run at Montecasino last year, with the South African National Defence Force being an official participant.

The Tattoos executive producer, Simon Carter, said: "I am delighted to announce that the Tattoo is back at Montecasino from September 9 to 13. We have fantastic new international acts that have not been seen here before."

These include Storici Sbandieratori Della Contrade Di Cori - an Italian folk act that regularly appears at official ceremonies in the Vatican , the Rugamba Drummers from Burundi and the New Guard US Rifle Drill Squad, which holds 13 Guinness world records.

More than 25000 people attended last year. The overwhelming response from the audience, performers and Steve Walsh, producer of the world-famous Edinburgh Tattoo, who helped stage it, convinced organisers that this should become an annual event.

Carter said: "The SANDF have officially committed themselves to participate again. One of the features will be a performance by two local navy bands that have competed internationally."

It will be staged at the outdoor events venue at Montecasino with the support of Tsogo Sun.

X