Musasa recovers during NFD break
Mpumalanga Black Aces striker Kabamba "He Man" Musasa said the six-week break in the National First Division has allowed him to fully recover in time to help his team win promotion to the Absa Premiership.
Musasa has been out of action since December after he was involved in a car accident, where he broke his hand.
"I know it will be tough to get back to the starting line-up as the team has been doing well without me. But I'm prepared to work hard and win my place back and also help the team to the Premiership.
"Our target is to win outright promotion but if we fail our target is to get through via the playoffs," said the former Kaizer Chiefs marksman.
The NFD has been on a break the whole month of March and will resume on April 4. All the teams in both streams (coastal and inland) are left with three games in the season.
The six-week break has benefited several clubs who are chasing the league that had players suffering from injuries before the recess.
Inland log leaders Jomo Cosmos will welcome the trio of Bamuza Sono Larry Cohen and Evans Gwekwerere back from injury.
Sono had to have an operation on his hand, while Cohen and Evans had groin injuries. But Sono is suspended for one of Cosmos' three remaining games for assault and unsporting behaviour in a game against University of Pretoria.
Winners Park will be boosted by the return of the likes of experienced midfielder Sipho Sephadi, Mpho Rashete and goalkeeper Thabang Maluleke, who were all injured before the break.
Forward Carlo Scott of coastal stream side Ikapa Sporting, who has been out for seven weeks, started to train with the rest of his teammates last week. He is expected to play in fourth-placed Sporting's last three games.