Council worker electrocuted
An inquest docket has been opened after the death of a Makhado municipal worker on a farm outside Louis Trichardt.
The 45-year-old man was electrocuted at the weekend, Limpopo police said.
Police Spokesman Captain Maano Sadike said the victim has been identified as Wilson Mpilo.
Mpilo's colleague managed to escape death but sustained serious injuries.
The incident happened while the two were attending to an electrical fault at Manavhela village at about 2am on Saturday morning.
They were fixing faulty electricity cables after local farmers complained of continuous power outages following a heavy storm that hit the area on Friday night.
Sadike said the other man has been admitted to Louis Trichardt Memorial hospital in a serious condition.
"We are still busy with investigations and we will be able to know what exactly led to the incident in due course," he said.
Spokesman for the municipality, Louis Bobodi, expressed shock at Mpilo's death.
"It is unfortunate for us to lose one of our hard-working employees," he said.