killer shark on the prowl
Mlungisi Dlamini wants action.
The "Killer Shark" from Esikhawini in KwaZulu-Natal does not know when exactly will he do what comes naturally.
"Palesa, who works for my promoter Blacky Seoe, said I could be fighting in November," said the current holder of the World Boxing Foundation lightweight belt.
He last fought on May 23 when he stopped Diego Martin Alzugaray in round nine at Kroonstad Military Base in Free State.
"She [Palesa] said I might also go to Ghana with WBF super middleweight champion William Gare, who will be fighting there."
Seoe was not available for comment. He will present a World Boxing Foundation welterweight bout between Bongani "Cyclones" Mwelase and Anderson Clayton on September 12.
"Palesa said that bill is already full," said Dlamini who has had two fights under Seoe's Robs Promotions.
Dlamini won the belt on March 9 last year under Thinus Strydom. This 26-year-old fighter is undefeated after 18 wins (12 KOs) and a draw.
Meanwhile, sanity has prevailed after Boxing SA, boxing mentor Colin Nathan and referee Thabo Spampool all owned up to their mistake in failing to rescue Amon Baloyi from destruction against Patrick Malinga at Park Station two weeks ago.
Boxing SA's director of operations, Loyiso Mtya, announced that all parties humbly apologised to the entire boxing fraternity.
"We say sorry because this is one of those things that put a black eye on South African boxing," he said, revealing that they all met last Thursday.
"It was not a disciplinary hearing but rather an exercise to look into what we could have done, also to pave way for a more safer tomorrow for our fighters."
An exhausted and visibly vanquished Baloyi tripped and almost fell before the start of the 12th round to lose the national lightweight belt.