Government to rebuild gutted house
The KwaZulu-Natal government will help rebuild the Nhlanguza family home in Umlazi, which was razed to the ground by a fire that left three family members dead.
Junior Khumalo, 2, Olwethu Nhlanguza, 4, and their grandfather, Skheshe Nhlanguza, 76, burnt to death last week when the house caught fire while they were asleep.
The fire was apparently caused by a burning candle that tipped over, engulfing the house in flames.
The provincial government funded the costs of the family's funeral, which was held on Saturday.
Housing MEC Mike Mabuyakhulu, speaking at the funeral, promised that his department would rebuild the house.