'He made me touch his private parts'

Pertunia Ratsatsi

Pertunia Ratsatsi

Suspended Mamelodi Sundowns director of marketing and communications, Alex Shakoane, made a 15-year-old girl touch his genitals, a court heard yesterday.

Shakoane also fondled and squeezed the girl's breasts, touched her stomach, thighs, and private parts.

Shakoane sat quietly as the girl related her evidence in the GaRankuwa magistrate's court where he is standing trial for indecent assault.

Dressed to the nines in a brown suit, a white shirt and a green and yellow tie, he pleaded not guilty to the charge.

Prosecutor Bafana Tlhagoane asked for the proceedings to be held in camera, but the court compromised and allowed the public and journalists to watch and follow the proceedings from a CCTV screen provided.

The state alleges that Shakoane committed the offence on October 7 last year in his car in Mabopane.

The girl told the court that she had heard that her father worked for Sundowns. She wanted to meet him and a friend gave her Shakoane's telephone numbers.

She contacted him so that he could help her trace her father whom she had never met. "I called him on July 21 and explained myself. He helped me contact my father but, then continued to call me almost every day. He told me about how to have sex and that he had had intercourse with girls aged 16 and 17.

"He sometimes called me saying he would be on TV, so I must watch him."

She said Shakoane called on October 7 and they met at a salon in Mabopane. They were meeting for the first time since they started talking on the phone.

"I agreed to meet him only because he had helped me find my father," she said.

She said they drove around and parked near a petrol station.

"He told me he wanted to make me his sweet-sixteen and asked me to accompany him to his house in Montana, Pretoria.

"He promised me a pair of designer shoes and boots and a cellphone if I went with him."

She said Shakoane started kissing and touching her. "He then took my hand and made me touch his private parts," she added.

She said she told him that she was not comfortable with what he was doing. She said they then drove to the Morula Sun Casino. The case has been postponed.