prince may be fake says royal house
Durban businessman Prince S'fiso Zulu, who claims to be a member of the Zulu royal house, was yesterday released on warning by the Durban magistrate's court.
He appeared over a drunken driving case in July 2006.
Doubts about his link to the royal family have suddenly been raised by Prince Mbonisi Zulu, the royal family spokesman.
Prince Mbonisi has called on S'fiso Zulu to come forward with evidence that he has royal blood in his veins.
S'fiso was arrested two weeks ago, three days after his luxury BMW X 5 was involved in a accident that left two people dead.
S'fiso said he was not driving the vehicle at the time.
Police have still to make an arrest in that case.
His arrest set tongue's wagging from opposition parties in KwaZulu-Natal.
There were allegations that provincial MEC for transport and community safety and liaison, Bheki Cele, was covering up for Zulu.
Cele denied any cover-up. Zulu will be back in court on May 23.
In another case, two brothers - Thokozani Msani, 25, and Simo, 21, - accused of killing a former Austrian footballer, will stand trial for four days in the Scottburgh high court from September 22.
Scottburgh magistrate Kwazi Shandu ordered yesterday that the brothers be kept in custody until then.
The two are accused of robbing and shooting 43-year-old Peter Burgstaller on November 23 last year at Selbourne Estate, near the resort town of Pennington, on the KwaZulu- Natal South Coast.
They face charges of murder, robbery with aggravating circumstances, possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunition.
Burgstaller and his business partners had hoped to invest in 2010 World Cup projects. He visited South Africa hoping to meet Fifa delegates who were attending the 2010 World Cup preliminary draw in Durban.