Midgley mystery

American inventor Thomas Midgley died by strangulation in 1944 by a machine he invented to help him move around after he contracted polio. He invented three other products, which have all been found to be environmentally harmful: lead in petrol; chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) in fridges and aerosols and the insecticide DDT.

American inventor Thomas Midgley died by strangulation in 1944 by a machine he invented to help him move around after he contracted polio. He invented three other products, which have all been found to be environmentally harmful: lead in petrol; chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) in fridges and aerosols and the insecticide DDT.

Whitaker's World of Facts, Russell Ash

X