Tourist robber shootout

Eastern Cape police are still searching for two men in connection with the robbery of tourists in Port St John's, spokesman Superintendent Mike Fatyela said yesterday.

Eastern Cape police are still searching for two men in connection with the robbery of tourists in Port St John's, spokesman Superintendent Mike Fatyela said yesterday.

Six men robbed UK, Namibian and Western Cape tourists last week.

Two men were last week arrested in Lusikisiki in connection with the robbery.

On Sunday police traced two more robbers to a house in Libode village in the Nyandeni area following a tip-off from the community.

The two robbers - both aged 27 - saw the officers approaching and shot at them.

During the shootout one man was killed and the other critically wounded.

"We are now searching for two robbers who are still at large.

"Police also took in for questioning the robbers' girlfriends aged between 19 and 21," said Fatyela. - Sapa

X