Mnguni not resting on his laurels
Accomplished boxing promoter Mzimase Mnguni must have learnt that it is always best to strike while the iron is hot.
Mnguni did not waste time after staging a successful tournament last week at Orient Theatre where his charge Macbute Sinyabi claimed the vacant South African featherweight belt against Tshepo Mofokeng.
Mnguni's Eyethu Boxing Promotions has prepared a six-bout tournament he said would take Eastern Cape fight fans by storm.
It's an international event which features a World Boxing Foundation (WBF) flyweight defence between holder Zolani Tete and Xolani Ntese.
It will take place at the same popular East London venue on March 30.
"People are still talking about last week's tournament because it provided them with knockouts, which is what they enjoy most.
"But the one for March 30 will linger in their minds for a very long time. If you put Tete and [Nkqubela] Gwazela on the same boxing bill you are assured of value for money to the paying public," said Mnguni.
"War is definitely on the cards between Tete and Ntese."
Mnguni warned that Nkosinathi Tshinavhe from Limpopo would find Gwazela a bad host in their bantamweight six rounder. Gwazela registered a points win against Ntobeko Duma over six rounds last weekend.
Tete and Gwazela are trained by Dudu Bungu while Ntese and Tshinavhe are trained by Manny Fernandez in Gauteng.
Tete is from Mdantsane while Ntese comes from Duncan Village. They were club mates at Mnguni's gym. They both boast skill and also pack mean punches for their weight.
Neither fighter wants to see his clean slate being tainted. Tete has eight knockout from eight wins while Ntese has flattened six of his nine victims.
The 20-year-old champion won the title in September last year with a fourth-round knockout of vastly experienced Indonesian Vicky Tahumil.
The entrance fee is R50 and action will kick off at 2pm. The fights will be televised live on SuperSport.