Blind man dies in fire

A 67-year-old blind man burnt to death when his shack caught fire yesterday morning in Hekspoort in Krugersdorp, West Rand police said.

A 67-year-old blind man burnt to death when his shack caught fire yesterday morning in Hekspoort in Krugersdorp, West Rand police said.

Spokesman Inspector Pogiso Khambula said the man, his wife and son were sleeping when the shack caught fire - caused by a burning candle - in the early hours of the morning.

"The man's wife and son managed to get out of the shack unhurt. Unfortunately, the man died."

Khambula said the man's body had been burnt beyond recognition. - Sapa

X