Two women claim the PSL head sexually harassed them
Two women colleagues have accused Premier Soccer League general manager Andrew Dipela of sexual harassment.
Dipela effectively went on voluntary leave yesterday after the allegations emerged.
The PSL has confirmed that sexual harassment allegations have been levelled against Dipela and that he was taking voluntary leave pending an investigation.
"This leave emanates from complaints by certain members of staff of the PSL that Dipela, at some stage, allegedly engaged in acts of sexual harassment.
"These allegations have been strenuously denied by Mr Dipela and an investigation is currently being undertaken."
The allegations, in writing, were made by PSL chief executive Kjetil Siem's personal assistant Zanele Nota.
The second complainant is Dipela's former personal assistant Caroline Semela who is now a coordinator for Mvela Golden League.
Semela left Andrew's office early last year to take up her new post.
The PSL, in a statement, said more details will be provided, "to the extent necessary, at the conclusion of this investigation".
Dipela told Sowetan yesterday that he volunteered to go on leave to allow for the investigation to be conducted.
"I deny all those allegations. These allegations deal with my reputation and my name.
"I volunteered to go on leave as I don't have to guard against anything," he said.
Dipela said he was informed of the allegations by Siem in a meeting on Monday.
He confirmed working with one of the women in the past, saying he never had dealings with the other. One of the women is said to be older than him and the other about the same age.