Baloyi dares foe St Clair
Cassius Baloyi has promised to knock the hell out of Gairy St Clair when they meet for the vacant number one spot in the IBF's junior lightweight rankings.
The precise date of their rematch will be known after the negotiations on July 27 between promoters of the two gladiators.
Baloyi is promoted by Rodney Berman of Golden Gloves. Baloyi lost his IBF belt to St Clair on July 29 last year.
The Australian, who fights out of Guyana, was in turn dethroned by Malcolm Klassen on November 11. The latter was upstaged by Mzonke Fana on April 20.
Baloyi and Manuel Medina met two weeks ago for the IBF's top spot but no decision was reached after three rounds because their bloody affair was declared a technical draw.
Doctors Steven Saad and Peter Chadderton recommended that it be stopped going for the fourth round because Medina was losing pints of blood from a nasty wound above his right eye.
It resulted from an accidental clash of heads in the beginning of that round.
Baloyi is hell-bent on reclaiming the IBF belt.
"I do not care who I fight. Whether it's Malcolm Klassen or Gary St Clair. The result will remain the same - my arms being raised as those of the winner," he said. "I will knock St Clair out this time."
Baloyi's defeat by St Clair saw him forfeit the IBO belt, which he reclaimed in a second round stoppage over Nazareno Ruiz in February.
Baloyi's mentor Nick Durandt hopes St Clair will honour the assignment.
"He pulled out three times last time. He failed to honour his promise of a rematch. Gary later agreed to fight Cassius for the vacant IBO belt but he later demanded a huge purse.
"We have trouble in store for him and that is s...t," said the straight-talking mentor.
Medina is rated second, Manny Pacquiao is third, Baloyi fourth, St Clair is fifth and Klassen is in sixth spot in the rankings.