Celebrities who are getting their swag back
Check out our celebrities, who are taking the challenge to 'Get Their Swag Back'... and joins the initiative to inspire our Sowetan LIVE readers to get their swag back too.
Luthando “Loot Love” Shosha
The dazzling 24 year old is a co-host of SABC 1’s ultra-popular mega music show, LIVE AMP.
“Lootlove” sets the tone for what’s hot in music and entertainment. Born Luthando Shosha, “Lootlove” made her debut as a radio host in PE at King Fischer FM.
Lootlove’s signature style on the Access DSL 7-10pm weekly show caught the attention of King Fischer FM, who quickly moved her to co-host the Breakfast Show.
From there, she moved to Bay TV hosting “ WE R LOUD “ interviewing the hottest artists in the music industry.
His name is inextricably linked to South African hip hop.
DJ Milkshake has devoted the last ten years to honing his skills and conquering dancefloors with stellar sets at the country's top-rated clubs, parties and festivals.
Leading national radio station 5FM snapped him up in 2010 and every Friday night from 22h00 to 01h00 he quenches SA' s thirst for club-rocking sounds on 'The Shakedown'.
Recently, his interest in the mechanics of production led him into the studio where he has taken on the role of producer.
The first single on his newly established record label, ‘Living On The Edge’ – a collaboration between award-winning beatboxer George Avakian and highly- regarded AKA smashed the charts receiving airplay on all the biggest local stations and around Africa.
Sandile Sibande (nickname Jazz) was born in Nelspruit. Sandile is the defender for soccer team Bidvest Wits. He can be spotted on the field wearing a no.27 jersey.
DJ Roxxi has firmly established herself as a one of the leading female DJs and producers in Africa. This Global Spin award winning DJ has been rocking dance-floors for the past 6 years spinning an electric mix of House, Hip Hop and commercial tunes. She has scooped awards such as the Cosmopolitan Awesome Woman award, secured a hit single with Nic Billington and hosted her own entertainment feature on ZAlebs.
Would you like to Get Your Swag Back? Click here to join the Sowetan LIVE community to take on the challenge
We’re challenging you to ‘Get Your Swag Back’.
You will compete against Luthando Shosha, Sandile Sibande, DJ Roxxy, DJ Milkshake and the rest of Mzansi to become the healthiest, fittest, sexiest YOU.
If you're up to get your swag back, read on:
We are challenging you to take the 8 week health challenge which is a Sowetan LIVE initiative, powered by SleekGeek to get our community springing into action.
Before you know anything else, know this:
- The highest number of deaths that occurred in South Africa were amongst those aged 30-39 years
- There were more male than female deaths recorded
- The leading causes of death were: Tuberculosis (TB), heart ailments, intestinal, diabetes, HIV, hypertension, respiratory illnesses, flu - statssa: 2010, latest data revealed
Scared but not motivated enough?
- You can win a share of R40,000 cash (R10 000 cash for each category winner)
- You stand a chance to win a share of R110,000 worth of amazing prizes which includes: a weekend to Cape Town for 2 from travelstart.co.za, Reebok "head to toe" kit-out, Paleomonkey food delivery service for 2 weeks, Guess sunglasses
- You get a discount on trainers. The official shoe of the “ Sowetan LIVE #GetYourSwagBack Challenge is the Reebok One Trainer 1.0. It is a superb functional training shoe that you, the challenger can purchase for R499 (usually R899).
- There is more! If you and a BUDDY do the challenge together and get the best combined scores then you can walk away with an extra R10,000 worth of vouchers to spend in store or online at www.wellnesswarehouse.com
Ready to get your swag back?
Before you click on enter, note the following:
- Entry fee: R500 (once off) via credit card or EFT.
- You have two weeks to enter, entry closes at midnight on 9 October
- The 8 Week Challenge starts thereafter
The process is as follows:
- Enter by completing payment and registration
- You will then be sent links and passwords for your “ Challenger Vault” where you can download all your plans and vouchers.
- You will start your 8-week challenge by submitting your starting measurements between Monday 7 October and Midnight on Wednesday 9 October.
- You may use the provided plans but you are very welcome to use your owns plans as long as they're healthy and legal.
- Submit your measurements and photos on your selected “Start date” and begin your challenge
- Submit your “check-in” updates as instructed during your challenge
- 8 Weeks later submit your fabulous new photos and measurements
- Wait for the judges verdict
- There are 4 categories: Men’s weight-loss, Ladies weight-loss, Men’s A-B Transformation, Ladies A-B Transformation
- There are 4 winners and 6 runners up per category. So 28 people are winning the prizes listed.
SPRING HAS SPRUNG, SUMMER IS AT YOUR DOORSTEP ..
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.