Top 10 excuses men and women make to get off work
We've all been there. It's a beautiful day and can't bear the thought of going to work. You know you have other things that would rather do, but you have to convince the boss that you have a very legitimate reason for not showing up.
Here's a list of 10 craziest excuses that many have dished out to their bosses, which in fact means something else.
- "There's a stranger in our neighborhood and I don't feel comfortable leaving": Means I'm in bed with my lover and have no intension of getting up
- "It's that time of the month" – Means I'm extremely broken hearted over nothing, moping around the house sobbing while feeling guilty for not going to work
- I have to renew my driver's license" – this is the truth but with no intention of going back to work.
- "Traffic is bad" – Means I'm getting my make up done while driving, and it will be a while..
- "My kid's sick" – It means that after taking the little one to the doctor, I can afford to catch that sale before the good things are sold out. So I won't be in the whole day.
- "I have been summoned for court"- Means I have a job interview.
- "I am locked out of the house"- Means I am having domestic tiffs.
- "I got into a fight" – Means I was caught in a compromising position
- "I ran out of gas" – A friendly stop over that delayed me indefinitely
- "I have no hot water"- Simple terms: NO rent paid and facing eviction - can't get cleaned up to get to work.