Golden Globe nominations announced
Closely following the British film'The King's Speech' which has received seven Golden Globe award nominations, is 'The Social Network' – the story of the creation of Facebook – and boxing tale 'The Fighter', which are up for six awards each.
Meanwhile, Johnny Depp picked up two nominations in the Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy category for his portrayal of The Mad Hatter in the film adaptation of Lewis Carroll's classic 'Alice in Wonderland' and his role in new romantic thriller 'The Tourist', in which he stars alongside Angelina Jolie, who is nominated for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy.
Also battling it out against 'The King's Speech' in the Best Motion Picture, Drama category will be 'Black Swan', 'Inception', 'The Fighter' and 'The Social Network'.
Elsewhere, musical TV show 'Glee' is up for five Golden Globes, including Best Actor and Best Actress in a TV series, Comedy for stars Matthew Morrison and Lea Michele, who play Will Schuester and Rachel Berry respectively.
The 68th annual Golden Globe Awards – which are to be hosted by British comedian Ricky Gervais – will be held on January 16 2011.
GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS 2011 FULL LIST OF NOMINATIONS:
Best Supporting Actress in a series, mini-series or TV movie:
- Hope Davis, 'The Special Relationship'
- Jane Lynch, 'Glee'
- Kelly MacDonald, 'Boardwalk Empire'
- Julia Stiles, 'Dexter'
- Sofia Vergara, 'Modern Family'
Best Actress in a TV series, Comedy:
- Toni Collette, 'United States of Tara'
- Edie Falco, 'Nurse Jackie'
- Tina Fey, '30 Rock'
- Laura Linney, 'The Bic C'
- Lea Michele, 'Glee'
Best TV Movie or Mini-series:
- 'The Pacific'
- 'Pillars of the Earth'
- 'Temple Grandin'
- 'You Don't Know Jack'
Best Original Song – Motion Picture:
- Bound to You – 'Burlesque'
- Coming Home – 'Country Strong'
- I See the Light – 'Tangled'
- There's a Place for Us – 'Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader'
- You Haven't Seen the Last of Me – 'Burlesque'
Best Actor in a TV Series, Comedy:
- Alec Baldwin, '30 Rock'
- Steve Carell, 'The Office'
- Thomas Jane, 'Hung'
- Matthew Morrison, 'Glee'
- Jim Parsons, 'The Big Bang Theory'
Best Actress in a TV series, Drama:
- Julianna Margulies, 'The Good Wife'
- Elisabeth Moss, 'Mad Men'
- Piper Perabo, 'Covert Affairs'
- Katey Sagal, 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Kyra Sedgwick, the Closer
Best Original Score – Motion Picture:
- Alexandre Desplot, 'The King's Speech'
- Danny Elfman,'Alice in Wonderland'
- A.R. Rahmin, '127 Hours'
- Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, 'The Social Network'
- Hans Zimmer, 'Inception'
Best Screenplay – Motion Picture:
- Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy, '127 Hours'
- Lisa Cholodenko and Stuart Blumberg, 'Kids are All Right''
- Christopher Nolan, 'Inception'
- David Seidler, 'The Kings Speech'
- Aaron Sorkin, 'The Social Network'
Best Supporting Actor in a series, mini-series, or TV movie:
- Scott Caan, 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Chris Colfer, 'Glee'
- Chris Noth, 'The Good Wife'
- Eric Stonestreet, 'Modern Family'
- David Strathern, 'Temple Grandin'
Best TV Series, Comedy:
- '30 Rock'
- 'The Big Bang Theory'
- 'The Big C'
- 'Modern Family'
- 'Nurse Jackie'
Best Foreign Language Film:
- 'Biutiful', Mexico, Spain
- 'The Concert', France
- 'The Edge', Russia
- 'I Am Love', Italy
- 'In a Better World', Denmark
Best Animated Feature Film:
- 'Despicable Me'
- 'How to Train Your Dragon'
- 'The Illusionist'
- 'Toy Story 3'
Best Actor in a mini-series or TV movie:
- Idris Elba, 'Luther'
- Ian McShane, 'Pillars of the Earth'
- Al Pacino, 'You Don't Know Jack'
- Dennis Quaid, 'The Special Relationship'
- Edgar Ramirez,'Carlos'
Best Actress in a mini-series or TV movie:
- Hayley Atwell, 'Pillars of the Earth'
- Claire Danes, 'Temple Grandin'
- Judi Dench, 'Return to Cranford'
- Romola Garai, 'Emma'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt, 'The Client List'
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy:
- Annette Bening, 'The Kids Are All Right'
- Anne Hathaway, 'Love and Other Drugs'
- Angelina Jolie, 'The Tourist'
- Julianne Moore, 'The Kids Are All Right'
- Emma Stone, 'Easy A'
Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy:
- Johnny Depp – 'Alice in Wonderland'
- Johnny Depp – 'The Tourist'
- Paul Giamatti - 'Barney's Version'
- Jake Gyllenhaal - 'Love and Other Drugs'
- Kevin Spacey – 'Casino Jack'
Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture:
- Christian Bale, 'The Fighter'
- Michael Douglas, 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps'
- Andrew Garfield, 'The Social Network'
- Jeremy Renner, 'The Town'
- Geoffrey Rush, 'The King's Speech'
Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture:
- Amy Adams, ‘The Fighter’
- Helena Bonham Carter, 'The King's Speech'
- Mila Kunis, 'Black Swan'
- Melissa Leo, 'The Fighter'
- Jacki Weaver, 'Animal Kingdom'
Best Actor in a TV series, Drama:
- Steve Buscemi, ‘Boardwalk Empire’
- Bryan Cranston, 'Breaking Bad'
- Michael C. Hall, 'Dexter'
- Jon Hamm, 'Mad Men'
- Hugh Laurie – 'House'
Best Director – Motion Picture:
- Darren Aronofsky, 'Black Swan'
- David Fincher, 'Social Network'
- Tom Hooper – 'The King's Speech'
- Christopher Nolan 'Inception'
- David O. Russell – 'The Fighter'
Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy:
- 'Alice in Wonderland'
- 'The Kids Are All Right'
- 'The Tourist'
Best TV Series, Drama:
- 'Broadwalk Empire'
- 'The Good Wife'
- 'Mad Men'
- 'The Walking Dead'
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama:
- Halle Berry, 'Frankie and Alice'
- Nicole Kidman, 'Rabbit Hole'
- Jennifer Lawrence, 'Winter's Bone'
- Natalie Portman, 'Black Swan'
- Michelle Williams, 'Blue Valentine'
Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama:
- Jesse Eisenberg – 'Social Network'
- Colin Firth – 'The King's Speech'
- James Franco – '127 Hours'
- Ryan Gosling – 'Blue Valentine'
- Mark Wahlberg – 'The Fighter'
Best Motion Picture, Drama:
- 'Black Swan'
- 'The Fighter'
- 'The King's Speech'
- 'The Social Network'
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.