WATCH | Sowetan Dialogue on BEE share schemes on the JSE
What are these schemes, how do they work and how do you buy shares?
BEE share ownership schemes aim to give previously disadvantaged South Africans the opportunity to own a stake in a company and participate in its growth.
There are four BEE share schemes listed on the JSE.
But what are these schemes, how do they work and how do you buy shares? Are they a good investment?
At a recent Sowetan Dialogues, in association with JSE Investor Services, Business Day TV news anchor Alishia Seckam spoke to industry experts and officials from some of SA’s biggest BEE share schemes to expand your knowledge on how to manage, invest in and grow your BEE share opportunities.
- Hartwell Tshuma – employee share ownership programme head, William Radcliffe
- Sameera Khan – company secretary, YeboYethu
- Lucy Mofokeng – share schemes co-ordinator, AB InBev
- Carol Crozier – chief operating officer, JSE Investor Services
- Busi Silwanyana – chairman: audit committee, YeboYethu