Celebrities come to the party for Matric Dance give-away
Outfits for our Matric Dance give-away are still pouring in. Our favourite personalities have raided their wardrobes to make our matrics feel special.
TV and Radio personality Penny Lebyane, who donated five dresses and five shoes to five lucky girls, says she feels "very blessed to be able to give". "I believe that blessed is the hand that gives than the one that receives. I don't want to hold on to things. I love the idea of giving to someone I've never met. I'm planting a seed that I know will come back to me."
Radio anchor Melanie Bala who gave four dresses, a few pair of shoes and dresses towards the initiatives hopes "they find good homes".
etv soapie Scandal! has given a billboard dress towards the cause.
Politicians Buti Manamela and Lebogang Maile have also donated suits to the project
SowetanLIVE will choose:
- 5 ultimate matriculants to receive an outfit, a R1,000 shoe voucher sponsored by Spitz and a hairdo plus manicure from The Divas Hairdressers.
- 5 Regional winners will win an outfit plus a R1,000 Spitz shoe voucher
- Winners from Gauteng will be chosen depending on the amount of outfits received - as well as 5 more random R1,000 Spitz shoe vouchers.
- A spot prize will also be rewarded to a deserving mother of the matriculant in the form of a spa treatment sponsored by Khabonina
This is what SowetanLIVE has received for deserving matriculants so far:
- Rhythm City actresses, Nolo Phiri, Nokuthula Ledwaba and Pam Andrews who each gave away a dress.
- Rosie Motene - 3 dresses
- Comedian Trevor Gumbi - A suit
- The Bala Brothers - Three suits and three extra jackets
- Soccer player, Katlego Mphela - A suit
- Zwai Bala - A suit and jacket
- Penny Lebyane - 5 dresses and 5 pairs of shoes
- Melanie Bala - Four dresses and shoes
- Scandal! - A billboard dress
- Reggie Molamu from RJKay - A dress
- RockstarRev and Genesis from Futuresound - An outfit
- Spitz are giving away 15 shoe vouchers
- Khabonina Qubeka will give a spot prize consisting of a spa treatment to a deserving mother who sent through the nomination
- And Vusi from The Divas Hairdressers is kind enough to drive to a few lucky winners to do their hair and manicures.
More is still to come.
To stand a chance of winning, send us an email to email@example.com , tell us why you or the child you are nominating deserves to win.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.