Even in difficult times, corporations have some wonderful assets. Take full advantage of all yours has to offer.
Even if salaries are frozen, ask for development opportunities:
- a fresh assignment,
- a job that will teach you a critical skill,
- exposure to people you can learn from, and
- training in robust processes and methodologies.
If your company is one of the lucky ones at the front of the recovery, identify other things it can provide that are important to you:
- travel opportunities,
- benefits that cover your family,
- support for causes you care about, or
- a chance to get away through a paid or unpaid sabbatical.
Today's Management Tip was adapted from "What's Next, Gen X?: Keeping Up, Moving Ahead, and Getting the Career You Want" by Tammy Erickson.