Sun Sep 24 05:09:02 CAT 2017

Remorseful Rivaldo Coetzee returns from self-imposed exile and apologises to Ajax Cape Town

By Mahlatse Mphahlele | 2017-07-25 17:56:22.0

Truant Ajax Cape Town defender Rivaldo Coetzee has apologised to the club after going AWOL for over three weeks and has been relegated to the reserve team.

Speaking in a short video that was posted on the club’s twitter account on Tuesday afternoon‚ Coetzee confirmed that he held a meeting with his employers before training with the MDC team.

“I requested a meeting with the Ajax CT bosses to discuss my future with the club‚" he said.

"Firstly‚ I would like to apologise to the club‚ coaches and my team-mates for the way I behaved over the past three weeks.

"Ajax has played a huge role in my career in terms of my development and myself and the club are working out a way of how they are going to help me develop even further.

"I am happy to announce that I spoke to coach Stanley Menzo and apologised to him and we will decide what the future holds.

"I am happy to say that I have returned to training with the MDC side team as of today (Tuesday)‚” he said.

Coetzee had not reported for pre-season training‚ hopeful of either pushing for a move away from the club or to land a better deal having been named Player of the Year and players’ Player of the Year in the 2016-17 season.

The 20-year-old Bafana international had drawn interest from home and abroad‚ but clubs were put off by the reported R13-million price-tag Ajax placed on him.

Menzo was not a happy man and he said last week Coetzee had no respect for his teammates. - TimesLIVE

 

X