Thu Oct 23 13:02:11 SAST 2014
'Pineapple juice' price to drop in November

Petrol price is set for another decrease in November..

Tau retires: promises to reveal all in book

By Mazola Molefe | Jul 24, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 9 ]

JIMMY Tau quit football yesterday and promised a tell-all book in response to why he was not offered a new contract at Kaizer Chiefs.

Tau's shock announcement follows his failure to secure an extended stay at Chiefs after a lengthy ankle injury that kept him out for most of last season.

Tau was skipper at Amakhosi, a club he joined from Soweto rivals Orlando Pirates, where he was also captain during his eight-year spell.

Chiefs clinched the Absa Premiership for the first time since 2005 in coach Stuart Baxter's first campaign last season, but despite getting a winners medal, Tau did not play a single match.

"I believe I served with loyalty and pride," said the defender, who began yesterday's press conference by quoting a Bible verse.

"My opinion about what happened [at Chiefs] will count when I write my book, which I expect to release in December as a Christmas gift. I am excited about that."

Tau, who turned 33 on the day he announced his retirement, refused to say whether he would have continued playing had Chiefs offered him a new deal. He also reiterated that the reasons why Amakhosi pushed him out were not football-related.

"It is difficult for me to answer an 'if' question. But I have recovered from the injury that kept me out during the season. That struggle is over. I've never been injured for so long, but I still believe my future is still bright," said Tau.

Last week, Chiefs team manager Bobby Motaung said in Tau's absence at right back, the club had managed to secure replacements ahead of their title-winning season and there was simply no room for the former Bafana player when his contract expired.

Tau confirmed that he could have joined other clubs in the Premier League as he had numerous suitors, however, he decided it was the right time to "hang up my boots".

"There are plenty of opportunities for me and I have decided to focus on myself as a brand.

"Playing for Chiefs and Pirates has helped and I feel it is the right time to leverage that," he said.

Okay Tau.

Jul 24, 2013 10:24 | 0 replies

Look at you now jimmy..zebras chewed you up and spit you out in the cold. and now u calling it quits,
the day you left the mighty bucs will always haunt you!!

Jul 24, 2013 11:1 | 0 replies

Jimmy let me tell you one thing my friend, Kaizer Chiefs is a team of losers.
You can go all the way with them but you going to end up no where.
It's a family business ,all runs in the family.

Look at how Gordon is so obscessed with these losers ,how long has he been after them ,but look where he is right now,no where,.We are not going to Brazil no matter what as long as we have these KC losers in the national team,we are doomed.
I couldn't believe it when I heard the news and I asked myself ,what might have brought up this animosity between you and Bobby

Jacob Zuma,Malema and Bobby Motaung....these are the people I'll get in my grave hating them with passion ,with all my heart.
I don't want anything to do with this three.

Jul 24, 2013 12:21 | 0 replies

@ McLoving
Jimmy let me tell you one thing my friend, Kaizer Chiefs is a team of losers.
You can go all the way with them but you going to end up no where.
It's a family business ,all runs in the family.

I don't want anything to do with this three.
_______________________________________________

you are spitting gibberage ith your mouth nxlaaaa clearly you are into politics and not soccer, and you just dont know what you talking about,

lete me reiterate for you boy: Jimmy was given an option not to extend his contract but to be on the marketing TEAM with Jessica, so he wanted tyo continue playing soccer, as for your more information a company will not invest in your education from the soit you.......................

get your facts staright before you post you moron.

JImmy is Khosi deep down his heart his misunderstanding with Bobby does not pull all the Chiefs brand into this

Jul 24, 2013 12:43 | 0 replies

Jimmy you were screwed bra...at KC u cannot run a business outside your football, that was your biggest mistake.....its a family business and Bobby is jealous of you...despite captaining 2 giants of SA football teams, you don't have a single scandal like him.......Bobby is a Bustard

I agree with McLoving, we are not going to Brazil because of those cows from chips...nxa.....

As for this moron called Spikiri222, he doesnt know that in SA you cant separate football from politics....so stupid...the same Bobby killed Jimmy Mohlala for the Mbombela tender...wasnt that a football/business/political reasons???was he not speaker at the municipality???............

Jul 24, 2013 2:8 | 0 replies

YOU WERE EANING PEANUTS AT PIRATES BIG TIME. IT IS HARD TO LEAVE A TEAM LIKE CHIEFS,

Jul 24, 2013 2:25 | 0 replies

The tell-all book, isn't that like burning your bridges? I mean, Jimmy has gone into the undertaker/ tombstones business, and Zebras may feel slighted. You never know.

Jul 24, 2013 3:24 | 0 replies

Mr Tau please do not take it personal, you still have same games on you're handes. Why you do not try maybe Sundowns they can give you a chance. But anyway have wonderfull timewhere ever you are going will miss you, the supports of Kaizer Chiefs GoodLuck Raboholo

Jul 24, 2013 7:17 | 0 replies

Jimmy must desist from making reference Pirates and just focus on his demons with the Zebras.

ONCE A PIRATE ALWAYS A PIRATE!

Jul 25, 2013 8:43 | 0 replies