Tue Jul 29 02:34:13 SAST 2014
Doctors discover sex toy lost in woman's vagina for 10 years

After having symptoms of lethargy, uncontrollable shaking and sudden weight loss a Scottish woman so.

Sipho Hotstix Mabuse to sing SA anthem 'for the first time'

By Sowetan LIVE | Sep 20, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 14 ]

"I hope to delight the crowd" - Yes, we hope so too! Luckily it's not Ras Dumisani or Just Jinger's Art Matthews

Legendary musician Sipho Hotstix Mabuse has announced on Twitter that he is "about to celebrate another first in my career when I sing the national anthem on 6 October 2012".

"Soccer City in Johannesburg is where I hope to delight the capacity crowd of rugby fans before South Africa take on current world champions the All Blacks.

"In over 45 years in the music business, I have never sung the South African National Anthem - I can't wait!"

Dates:

The Springbok rugby team plays Australia at Loftus Versfeld Stadium in Pretoria on September 29, and New Zealand's All Blacks at Soweto's Soccer City Stadium on October 6.

Remember them?

Click here to watch Art Matthews bungle the SA anthem

And click here to watch Ras Dumisani (eish, he called it 'beautiful')

Stadium news - Boktown and Soccer City

Stadium Management South Africa (SMSA) says the gates will open at 12pm at Orlando Stadium with a jam-packed programme of live entertainment and activities for the young and old starting from 1pm, which includes performances by DJ Sbu, Pro Kid, Brickz, MC Bad Boy T, a kiddies corner, tag rugby and appearances by South African rugby legends.

“We want to make this an affordable outing for the entire family, an experience they will treasure for the rest of their lives. After all, it is not often that international Test Rugby is played in Soweto.”

Match-day tickets and park-and-ride tickets are on sale at Computicket and Shoprite Checkers outlets for the Springboks versus All Blacks test.

SMSA is urging fans to arrive early to make provisions for strict security checks at the gates.

Kickoff is at 5pm and gates officially open at 2pm. There is a host of great entertainment lined up for the build-up to the finale, which include Jay and dancers, Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse, Mean Mr Mustard, Tommy Lawson, Altus Theart and Bongi Mthombeni. Springbok legend Joost van Der Westhuizen will make a special appearance on the field shortly before kickoff.

Congrats Sipho!!!! Please do SA proud and dont immitate Ras Dumisani!!! oh Ras kikikikikiki im still laughing even today!!

Sep 20, 2012 12:43 | 0 replies

I'm sure what the guy implies is that he has never been given an opprtunity to lead the anthem at any event. It will be interesting to hear the anthem in a the Kenny G style!

Sep 21, 2012 8:47 | 0 replies

Obviously he meant that he has never performed in an official manor like he is going to do in that rugby match.

Having said that I wouldnt be caught dead singing die stem!

Sep 20, 2012 4:52 | 0 replies

Rubbish journalism this story,Can I please get a column @ sowetan

Sep 20, 2012 4:18 | 0 replies

@ Flemza, I'm equally gobsmacked by Hotstix's claims.
I must have sung the national anthem 100 times since I was born.
I wonder what does he do when we all sing it at various events.

Sep 20, 2012 3:21 | 0 replies

I wonder how is he going to sing 'die stem'. Preposterous

Sep 20, 2012 3:16 | 0 replies

@ntebo
@Skopokopo
Is he gonna use a trumpet , saxophone or what, because i've never heard his voice,I hope he won't vibrate

shooo I can't wait to hear him
======================================================================
NEVER heard his voice?

Burn Out?
Shikisha?

Well, never heard him sing in a long time. I hope he uses the saxophone, otherwise, he will have to go the Pavarotti way. ;-D

Sep 20, 2012 2:36 | 0 replies

I can`t believe what I`m hearing , where does this guy live or stay , is he in Mzansi or somewhere else and he is telling us now that he has never sung our national athem , I can believe what am hearing , I must be dreaming , please some one wake me up from this nite mare dream I can`t believe it

Sep 20, 2012 2:33 | 0 replies

please go there and do us proud, a national anthem should be respected nor wonder our national teams are not winning their games they dont take national anthem serious, some of our players dont sing, some will be chewing gums while others are facing the other direction, is wrong

Sep 20, 2012 1:50 | 0 replies

Art Matthews "I am so nervous its such a big honour for me" "Mawuphakamiswe umthondo wayo" damnn this clown

Sep 20, 2012 1:22 | 0 replies

Tjo finally we get a decent artist to sing. Practice ke baba don't take it for granted ukuthi you know the words, that Afrikaans part can be tricky so boet make sure that you hit right.

Sep 20, 2012 12:51 | 0 replies