FAMED producer and composer Lebogang "Lebo M" Morake says he will be part of the spectacular World Cup closing ceremony on Sunday.
While admitting there had been a fallout with directors of the consortium charged with producing the opening and closing ceremonies, Morake said yesterday the disagreements were at boardroom level, but that this would not affect his creative input.
"All the work that has been done before this disengagement (with fellow consortium directors) has not been affected by the boardroom disagreement. What I have already created with regards to the closing ceremony has not been affected, and people must look forward to a good closing ceremony which will happen on July 11, which happens to be my birthday. And what a good day of celebrating your birthday," he told journalists.
At a media conference at Melrose Arch in Johannesburg, the world-renowned composer, producer and arranger downplayed the squabbles between him and the other directors.
He flatly refused to confirm or deny rumours that he had been paid out millions of rands to walk away from Sunday's ceremony.
"My principles do not allow me to discuss anything pertaining to contractual matters. Let me say that I have not been fired, officially or unofficially," he said.
But he hinted at legal action if what he had created was changed between now and Sunday.
"If any member of the audience notices a change between what has been put together in terms of the contractual obligations that have been entered into, there are processes that will take place from July 12," he said.
Abey Makgwatsane of VWV, the other half of the consortium, could not be reached for comment.