The new public protector says she will leave the dispute over the state capture report prepared by h.
THE national leadership of the ANCYL has rejected a proposal for peace with its disbanded Eastern Cape executive committee.
The plan to bring the factions together was the brainchild of ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe.
League spokesperson Floyd Shivambu yesterday distanced the league from Mantashe's move.
"We are going ahead with the congress this week and the provincial executive committee remains disbanded," Shivambu said.
Mantashe on Wednesday met with the warring groups in a bid to persuade them to withdraw a court action, reinstate the disbanded provincial executive committee and to hold an inclusive congress.
The ANCYL was represented by its general secretary Vuyiswa Tulelo.
The meeting resolved that the PEC should be reinstated, that the congress scheduled for this week should be postponed, and that legal proceedings against the ANCYL national working committee be withdrawn.
The PEC approached the court to stop the NWC from convening a congress this week and to challenge its disbandment.
The PEC was disbanded after it failed to hold a successful congress last month. There were allegations of ghost delegates.
The PEC, which is aligned to ANCYL deputy president Andile Lungisa, in turn accused their national leadership of trying to convene a congress which would have been filled with illegitimate delegates to vote for members.
They say the national body has illegitimate delegates aligned to league president Julius Malema.
Provincial chairperson Mlibo Qoboshiyana said yesterday he was hopeful that the ANCYL nationally would agree to the agreement.
"We are grateful that the ANC intervened. It was not our intention to go to court but we were forced by circumstances," he said.