The new public protector says she will leave the dispute over the state capture report prepared by h.
ATHLETE Caster Semenya was "unfit" and merely going through the motions in training while she waited indefinitely for a verdict on whether she could run against women, her coach Michael Seme said yesterday.
"We are waiting for the lawyers to tell us what is happening, but we haven't heard anything yet," Seme said.
"Caster is training, but she's not fit at the moment because we don't know when she will race again. She can't do any speed work or prepare to race until we know when she can compete."
Semenya has not competed since winning the 800m title at the World Championships in Berlin last August.
Shortly after that it was leaked that the International Association of Athletics Federations had ordered gender tests on the South African record holder.
IAAF president Lamine Diack said in May they would make a decision on her case by the end of June, but Seme said yesterday that they were still waiting for the governing body's decision.
Semenya initially said she hoped to return to competition in Zaragoza, Spain, on June 24, but that meeting was cancelled.
Last month Sports Minister Makhenkesi Stofile called a press conference with Semenya, which was expected to shed some light on her eligibility, but it was cancelled at the last minute. Her lawyers later said they needed to present a medical team's findings to the IAAF before making an announcement.
A few days later Semenya said she would attend a three-week training camp in Pretoria with the Caster Semenya Sports Academy.
Seme said the camp, which included the likes of distance runners Stephen Mokoka and Thozama April, had been extended by four days and would conclude on July 11.
IAAF spokesperson Nick Davies was unavailable for comment yesterday, but he told The Citizen earlier in the week that the governing body had to have an internal meeting before a decision could be made on Semenya's case. - Sapa