Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
THE three-week Transnet strike ended yesterday with SA Transport and Allied Workers Union members accepting a new pay offer, the organisation's deputy president Robert Mashego said.
"We have accepted. We have signed," he said.
Mashego said the workers would be back at work today or on Monday at the latest.
"Yes, they have signed," Transnet spokesperson Mboniso Sigonyela told the media yesterday.
Earlier, labour federation Cosatu's top officials had come out of their three-day central executive committee meeting pledging their full support for its striking affiliates.
Cosatu president Sdumo Dlamini and general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi had pledged their unshakable support for the strike.
Vavi had said: "The CEC reaffirms its total support for the fully justified strike by Satawu members against Transnet and Prasa and urge the employer to urgently bring a new wage offer to the table. The federation will back any solidarity action that Satawu decides to mobilise."
Vavi also warned of a looming strike at Eskom. He said once all the legal processes had been followed, Cosatu would support calls for a strike by the National Union of Mineworkers. He questioned why the chief executive officers of companies continued to pocket millions of rand in salaries while workers continued to be paid very little.
Vavi said a recently released report showed that some chief executives earned up to R1million a month or more within three months of their appointments.
He said some chief executives earned twice as much as President Jacob Zuma, three times more than cabinet ministers and 106 times more than a cleaner in the public service.
Vavi quoted the examples of outgoing Nedbank chief executive Tom Boardman, who earned R43million last year, Jacko Maree of Standard Bank, who pocketed R18,2million and Absa's Maria Ramos, who got R13,5 million.
Dlamini said their campaign on lifestyle audits would continue.