Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on Tuessday reassured the public that student l.
SOUTH Africa's intelligence services were still gathering information to help them decide whether the reported terror threat against the World Cup was true, spokesperson Brian Dube said.
"There is no confirmation. We are still working on the matter," Dube said.
He said security authorities, including the state security ministry, were talking to a number of agencies and to the Iraqis on an "informal" level.
Baghdad security spokesperson Major General Qassim Atta announced on Monday that a Saudi Arabian defence officer had been arrested in connection with an alleged planned attack against the matches.
Abdullah Azzam Saleh Misfar al-Qahtani reportedly intended to target the match between Denmark and the Netherlands. - Sapa