Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
LITTLE Samuel Amoes is doing well and seems none the worse for his kidnapping ordeal, his family said yesterday.
"We haven't noticed any changes in him. He is doing well but has not spoken about what happened," his older sister Suzie told Sowetan yesterday.
Five-year-old Samuel of Bedfordview, east of Johannesburg, pictured, was returned to his family on Tuesday after a ransom of R1,1million was paid to his kidnappers.
His mother, Imaculada da Conceiçaó Amoes, would not comment further on Samuel's wellbeing and referred enquiries to the police.
Captain Cynthia Magoai said police investigations were continuing and no arrests had been made.
Samuel was kidnapped by four armed men at a church in Troyeville, Johannesburg, on Sunday.
Private investigator Declan Condon, who arranged the ransom payout, defended the family's decision not to involve the police during negotiations with his abductors. "I was instructed by the family not to pass on information to the police that may endanger the child. Our priority was to get back the child safely."
He said it appeared the kidnappers had targeted Samuel because they had picked him out of "half a dozen" children at the Sunday school.
Condon said the kidnappers "showed that they knew police procedure" and threatened to harm the child if the police were involved.
He added that he would inform the police of any developments since they have taken over the investigation.