Mon Oct 24 10:49:35 SAST 2016
Limpopo premier Stan Mathabatha with Zweli Mkhize and Thoko Didiza
ANC leadership begins candidate review

The African National Congress is starting its “dispute resolution process” in a bid to address the a.

Premier Mabuza denies raid allegations

By Riot Hlatshwayo | May 12, 2010 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

MPUMALANGA Premier David Mabuza has denied that police raided his farm in Barberton last week and found R45million in cash and weapons, including two AK-47 rifles.

Speaking at a press conference in Nelspruit for the first time since the allegations surfaced, Mabuza said: "Believe me, there was no raid at my house. As you can see, I'm continuing with my work - and here is my diary.

"For your information, my house is guarded by police. When I sleep or drive anywhere, I'm with the police."

He said the allegations of the raid were part of an ongoing campaign to discredit him as premier because certain people had failed to heed his advice of disbanding shortly after he was elected ANC provincial chairperson in August 2008.

"I contested and won. Probably, some people were not happy, and they are still hurt. Maybe they want the power of the premier's office or the fame, I just don't know," Mabuza said.

He also spoke about Josh, the man whom the media has described as an underworld criminal who allegedly confessed to killing Jimmy Mohlala, speaker of Mbombela municipality, last year.

"I want the police to find this Josh without us interfering. I'm very concerned about the killings in the province, and I do not have a doubt that the law enforcement agencies will deal with that successfully," Mabuza said.

He said he was already suing several media houses for allegedly implicating him in some of the killings.

"The court is the only adjudicator that can tell you who is right and who is wrong," said Mabuza.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT