THE ANCYL in Mpumalanga has come out strongly in defence of Premier David Mabuza, insisting that allegations of a raid on his homestead were "a fabrication".
The league described the allegations at yesterday's press conference as the "fertile imagination of disgruntled losers of a conference".
Several media houses across the country published allegations from an SMS that suggested the police had raided Mabuza's farm in Barberton on Monday last week and found R45million in cash, two AK-47 assault rifles and records of nearly all the projects in the province.
The ANC, government, provincial police and the directorate for priority crime investigations (the Hawks) have all dismissed the alleged raid, with police commissioner Lieutenant-General Thulani Ntombela confirming "there was no raid at all".
The press conference was attended by provincial youth league leaders including chairperson Thabelang Maabane, secretary Isaac Mahlangu, deputy chairperson Mvuselelo Magagula and deputy secretary Ntombifuthi Mashabane.
Mahlangu told journalists: "The house of the premier was never raided. He does not have R45million in cash, not even R45000, nor does he have AK-47s.
"This is a fabrication by disgruntled losers of a conference. They are dreaming."
He said Mabuza was elected in the context of the sentiments agreed on during the ANC's 10th provincial congress that said the "ANC in the province must be led by a genuine Mpumalanga citizen".
"No sooner had he assumed office than clowns and lunatics began to bay for his blood. They built a Mafia manifesto called the hit list. This manifesto was aimed at urging the ANC's national executive committee to recall the premier or dissolve the PEC. This manifesto was drafted by Cope.
"James Nkambule is a Cope member."
Nkambule, the Ehlanzeni regional chairperson of Cope, was arrested a few weeks ago. The case was related to the infamous hit list with names of "targets" that included slain Mbombela speaker Jimmy Mohlala as well as many other politicians - some dead and others still alive.