Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
SCHOOLING has been disrupted at Makgwahleng Secondary School in GaSekororo village outside Tzaneen in Limpopo since Thursday last week after pupils went on the rampage and shattered windows in protest over the alleged mysterious collapse of fellow pupils.
The pupils began by boycotting lessons, demanding answers from the school governing body and school management over claims of a death list and the mysterious collapse of pupils.
Windows of more than 10 classrooms were smashed as pupils ran amok, demanding that the school explain why ambulances frequently ferried fellow pupils to clinics as a result of the mysterious collapse incidents.
SGB chairperson Sammy Moagi said pupils started becoming unruly during a parents' meeting at which the issues were being discussed.
The police were called in but only arrived after the damage had been done.
"There are no windows now. We have decided to repair the damage ourselves because the government built us the school and it is up to us to look after it," Moagi said.
He said talks were under way between pupils and parents to resume learning and teaching "as the situation may affect the pupils' final exam results".
Pupil representative Innocent Malatjie said they were unhappy about the alleged death list and the mysterious collapse incidents.
"Every day there is an ambulance picking up a sick pupil from the school and this is worrying," Malatjie said.
Malatjie claimed that the names of three pupils who died of natural causes early this year were on the list.
Education department spokesperson Pat Kgomo said: "It is regrettable that pupils entertain issues beyond their schooling. They must focus on their lessons and allow the parents to deal with other matters."