In another twist involving the public protector’s office‚ the Minister of Co-operative Governance an.
THE six additional artists who will perform at the World Cup Concert on June 10 are South Africans.
The South African Music Promoters Association's Oupa Salemane told Sowetan yesterday that a provisional list had been drawn up, but he could not reveal names yet .
Salemane said performers from other African countries have been excluded because there is already a "heavy contingent".
Angelique Kidjo of Benin, Amadou and Mariam and Tuareg Desert Blues and Tinariwen from Mali are in the line-up.
The Local Organising Committee, Creative Workers Union of South Africa (CWUSA) and Sampa are scheduled to meet today to access the progress .
The CWUSA's Mabutho "Kid" Sithole said the meeting would provide feedback on progress made.
"The meeting was [called] just to check on progress. We want to know if everything is on track and if not why not.
"More importantly, we want to know who the artists on this provisional list are."
Meanwhile, the LOC's Derek Carstens has rubbished newspaper reports that the World Cup opening and closing ceremonies were in turmoil.
This follows weekend reports that relations between Lebo M and his partners, VWV International, had soured.
Reports said Lebo M would be forced to quit and be paid out after he raised several concerns about his lack of influence.
"It is absolute rubbish,", Carstens said. "Lebo M is co-executive producer of the ceremonies and nothing has changed."