The University of Cape Town on Tuesday morning confirmed reports that “four cars were set alight at .
CASTER Semenya's lawyers never mentioned that her medical team had proof she could run against women when they tried to enter her in an athletics meeting in Stellenbosch last week, Athletics SA assistant administrator Richard Stander said yesterday.
Earlier this week the AP news agency quoted Benedict Phiri of the Dewey and Leboeuf law firm, speaking on South African television, saying that Semenya's medical team had results from gender tests proving that the world 800m champion could compete against women. But Stander, the organiser of the Yellow Pages Series meeting in Stellenbosch, said the 19-year-old and her lawyers had not mentioned anything about test results when they attempted to enter her in the event.
"I had a discussion with her in Stellenbosch but nothing was mentioned on that subject." - Sapa