LONDON - Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is already making plans for next season and has denied media reports he will return to Italy to coach Juventus.
Mancini told City's website he gave an interview to an Italian newspaper last week that then linked him with a move to Serie A but said he had no plans to go.
Juve sacked Ciro Ferrara in January and appointed Alberto Zaccheroni until the end of the season. With the post vacant again soon, Mancini's name came up as a candidate.
"I did give an interview, but I never said I wanted to go to Juventus," Mancini said. "Manchester City is my club and I have a contract for three-and-a-half years. I'm already planning for next season, which will start on July 5 when the players come back after the summer.
"For us it's more important that we finish well this season, and we must concentrate 100% to get fourth place because we have six very difficult games. After that we can think about the future." - Reuters