MICHAEL Jackson administered his fatal drugs overdose himself, Dr Conrad Murray's defence are set to claim.
The late Thriller singer died of acute intoxication by medical anaesthetic Propofol last June, and his personal doctor, Conrad Murray, faces trial for his murder.
Lawyers for the doctor - who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter - are set to claim it was the singer who administered the powerful drug, not Murray, according to website TMZ.
The defence team says Murray administered a small dose of 25 milligrams of Propofol to the singer.
He then went to use the bathroom, during which time Jackson, 50, awoke and was frustrated that he couldn't sleep; so he reached for the 20 millilitre bottle and intravenously administered it, a huge overdose which led to his death.
The defence will then tell how Murray re-entered the room and saw what had happened and immediately started trying to resuscitate the star.
The website said the defence will also argue Jackson was a long time Propofol addict, and a key evidence will be an empty bottle of the powerful drug. - Bang