Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on Tuessday reassured the public that student l.
THE fight between Mzimase Mnguni and Butityi Konki is far from over, Mnguni warned yesterday.
The bone of contention is the promotional contract that Mnguni has with Konki's boxer Ali Funeka.
The conflict has been simmering since December when Konki accused Mnguni of breaching the contract.
Konki said yesterday that the contract had been terminated "after a series of exchanges between BK Sports and Mr Mnguni". He said Gary Shaw and Cedric Kushner, Funeka's international promoters, were aware of the developments.
"They are not affected. Boxing SA and the IBF are also aware of this. Anything to do with Ali will now be communicated to me," Konki said.
BSA acting chief executive Loyiso Mtya confirmed that "the contract is null and void". But Mnguni, who has been involved with Funeka for more than 14 years, said he could not understand the BSA's stance.
"They cannot cancel this contract without speaking to me. I'm their licensee and they know this. I'm still Funeka's promoter. Our contract expires in July."
Mnguni said he has a contract with Funeka, Shaw and Kushner.
Funeka said Mnguni was no longer his promoter. But the fighter was evasive about the second contract.
Konki said he was negotiating with Kushner and Shaw about the purse money and the rights to stage the bout between Funeka and Joan Guzman on March 27 for the vacant IBF lightweight title.