Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
HEAD of the Limpopo department of health and social development Jabu Dlamini has succumbed to pressure and accepted a retrenchment package.
Dlamini, 52, who was earning R1,2million per annum, accepted the severance package offer last week.
She leaves at a time when the department is struggling to account for 80 lost ambulances which the department claimed were hijacked.
Some are, however, understood to be parked at various health institutions in the province.
Dlamini found herself in trouble with the provincial standing committee on public accounts for failing to account for the ambulances.
"Even if she leaves, she will still be called to account for the mess caused during her tenure," said Scopa chairperson Derrick Ngobeni.
She was appointed head of the department in 2005 to replace Nelly Manzini, who had since been appointed director-general of the province.
Dlamini had been on sick leave since October 26 when she collapsed while at work, allegedly due to stress.
Her contract was to expire at the end of May next year.
The department has already advertised her position in one of the Sunday papers.
In the meantime, the department has appointed Deliwe Nyathikazi to act as its head.
Attempts to contact Dlamini yesterday proved fruitless.
The department is also facing a multi-million rand lawsuit relating to the provincial Health Information System.
The department had cancelled the contract with LHC Health Solutions despite having requested the company to continue doing work but failed to pay it for the work done.
Premier Cassel Mathale's spokesperson Phuti Mosomane, yesterday confirmed that they had reached a settlement with Dlamini.
"Because Dlamini got injured while on duty and was booked off for a long time, we decided to settle with her so that we can get someone to act in her position in the meantime," said Mosomane.