Controversial former University of the Witwatersrand SRC president Mcebo Dlamini was denied bail in .
MELBOURNE - Australia have drafted New South Wales all-rounder Moises Henriques into the national squad as cover for injured Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson and James Hopes just one match into a seven-match limited-overs international series in India.
Australia won the opening match in the last over on Sunday, but have a serious lack of bowling depth ahead of the second match after pacemen Lee and Johnson and all-rounder Hopes were sidelined with niggling injuries.
Chief selector Andrew Hilditch said while Lee (right elbow) and Johnson (left ankle) had responded well to treatment, they had not recovered enough to play at Nagpur today. Hopes had already been ruled out for at least two matches with a right hamstring strain.
Hilditch said Henriques had performed well for Australia A and for New South Wales during its winning campaign in the inaugural Champions League Twenty20 tournament in India.
"We view him as an exciting young all-rounder who will be looking to make the most of this opportunity in India," he said.
Henriques will arrive in New Delhi today and join up with the top-ranked Australia squad tomorrow. The 22-year-old, who was born in Portugal before migrating with his family to Australia when he was one, had just returned to Sydney from India when he discovered he was heading back to the subcontinent.
"Having played a bit of limited-overs cricket, having done okay in the tournament, I guess it is a bit of recognition and I'm just stoked to be there and on the radar," Henriques said. - Sapa-AP