Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on Tuessday reassured the public that student l.
A PLANNED road show aimed at highlighting the escalating rate of crime and HIV infections might be a flop if the sentiments expressed by some of the officials are anything to go by.
The convoy, organised by the Limpopo Women in Business (LIWIB), is scheduled to take place on October 30.
It will start from the Seshego Stadium and end at the University of Limpopo's Oscar Mpetha Stadium in Mankweng.
It is expected to attract no less than 500 cars after 415 cars took part in last year's event.
But Sowetan learnt yesterday that a number of MECs had pulled out of the event, claiming they were not properly consulted.
A highly-placed source said that health and social development MEC Miriam Segabutla will not take part in the event.
Safety, security and liaison MEC Dikeledi Magadzi and her roads and transport counterpart Pinkie Kekana are also understood to have pulled out.
Of grave concern are allegations that the MECs had made video recordings indicating they would support the event to promote awareness about the prevalence of crime and HIV-Aids.
LIWIB president Maria Bongwe was yesterday caught by surprise when told about the developments.
She said the politicians could not pull out without informing the organisers.
"That's news to me. I did not expect that but I will investigate to verify its correctness," she said.