Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
Residents of Phagameng in Modimolle are still afraid to send their children to school.
This despite the news that the convicted serial killer who had threatened their lives subsequently committing suicide in prison.
This emerged on Saturday at the burial of the remains of three children who were victims of serial killer David Rannditsheni in Modimolle in 2005.
Villagers want something to be done to prevent the killings in the area. They want the government to come up with an intensive monitoring programme to protect their children.
The remains of Nono Motshabi, 7, Johanna Lefawane, 3, and Johanna Mabunda, 13, were lying in police custody for forensic evidence that led to the conviction of Rannditsheni last month.
Community leaders told mourners and bereaved families that it was time to unite and fight against child abuse.
The families believe Rannditsheni was not alone when he committed the crimes.
"We are happy that the remains have been taken to a place where they belong but as community we want the police to clarify things because Rannditsheni was not alone," said Klaas Mabunda, a member of the bereaved family.
He said they were happy about the sentence given to Rannditsheni but could not believe that he was indeed dead despite newspaper reports that he hanged himself in prison.