Thu Oct 27 07:13:29 SAST 2016

No bail for wife and two 'hitmen'

By Chester Makana | Aug 27, 2009 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

THE bail application of the woman accused of hiring hitmen to kill her husband has been postponed by the Thohoyandou magistrate's court.

Their case was postponed to Tuesday.

Doris Mthembi was arrested last week with two hitmen, Vincent Tlakula and Moses Ntsenene, at her house in Thohoyandou after police were tipped-off about the plan to kill her husband, Godhard Mugwena, a businessman in the area.

Police said they received a tip-off about the alleged conspiracy to kill Mugwena and rushed to the house where they found Tlakula and Ntsenene hiding, waiting for Mugwena to arrive in the house.

Prosecutor Mashudu Nekhumbe told the court that the investigating officer needed more time to investigate the matter before the suspects could be released on bail.

Mthembi woes are, however, far from over as she also appeared briefly in the same court on a charge of assault.

Mugwena has laid a charge after Mthembi allegedly assaulted him.

Magistrate Adriaan du Plessis postponed the case to allow police investigations to be concluded before the bail application could be heard.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT